While the court can issue a decree for the restitution of conjugal rights, it cannot physically force a spouse to return to the matrimonial home. Compliance with the court’s order depends on the willingness of the parties involved. Non-compliance with a decree of restitution of conjugal rights provides a ground for the other spouse to seek divorce.

Scroll to Top